Skip to main content

Levelmaker Chapter 92



       Hey, so I'm starting this at like... late at night because I, like, just finished getting caught up on this and the last update was.... more than a month ago.
       I'm not a translator, I won't pretend to be good at it, but I'm gonna do my best and fix whatever I can that the MTL spits out.  I'm hoping to make at least some kind of coherency out of this mess.

       Editing finished

       the japanese raw is here:
       https://ncode.syosetu.com/n2439db/
       needless to say this is a fan translation, I don't own this.



-------------------




Someone was gathering at a certain place.

One of them, a giant fly; It spoke human language.

"What? Manticore is dead?"

The man with a bearded clown (TN: bearded what now?) answers the question of the fly. No, this is not a human being.

"Well, that's okay, isn't it? I wonder if enough soldiers had been birthed? Beelzebub, right?"

"Well, that's right. Mephistopheles. The monster spawned by Manticore ... How many soldier eggs are there?"

The man called Beelzebub asked a clown named Mephistopheles.

Mephistofeles turned to another person, whose body was covered in flames, and answered Beelzebub's question.

"Roughly, it's 50,000. Is that enough? Belial?"

The man called Belial replied with a blunt voice.

"Oh, pay it no mind. To destroy one country, that's enough to throw away. In addition, I, Lucifer, Bael, Beelzebub, and other high ranking members will follow after. The country shouldn't win, no; not against such a thing ... "

Belial stared at Mephistopheles and said:

"What happened to the red-haired girl and the kidnapping of the princess of the Mephirad kingdom? What happened to that Faust man?"

"Yeah, they would be the cornerstone of the resurrection of the devil."

“…………………… It is an incident that destroys the country.” (TN: is this a figure of speech?)

Mephistopheles replied to the offensive words of Belial, Bael, and Lucifer.

"I apologize for my blunder! measures will be taken!"
(TN: not sure what this means;
 次の手は打ってありますよぉ~)

"Hmph, it's Mephistopheles, so a mistake is not unexpected."

"For your praise, I thank you. By the way ... Amon-san, does what I am trying to do pan out? Please use your predictive ability, please?"

Answered by a strange creature called Amon, whose head is an owl and whose body is a human being.

"Ah, the kidnapping will be successful."

Hearing those words, all of those attending were relieved.

"After all, Amon's future predictions are true. But why, pray tell, was the red haired girl targeted for kidnapping? The princess will be the sacrifice."

Bael asked Amon.

The owl man answers.

"She has the power to make the tools necessary for the resurrection of the Demon God. The princess contains the blood of the clan that sealed the devil."

In the end, when Amon is satisfied, Mephistopheles bellowed; it was a voice of determination.

"That's good, yeah? Our biggest goal is to release the Demon God ... Samael's seal! Everything else is 'following along' ... Everybody, let's not forget that! We aim for it! I've been working so hard for this for the last 300 years! "

Those who were there ... No, the Devils; they expressed their understanding one after another.

"Then ... DISMISSED!"

Each of them leaves the place.

In order to proceed with a large-scale plan that may or may not happen.

All for the purpose of reviving the Demon God, Samael .................



------------



previous (off site, https://re-library.com/translations/levelmaker/volume-4/chapter-91-10-days-2/ )

index

next

Comments

  1. Manticola = Manticore
    Barzebub = Beelzebub
    Mephistophares = Mephistopheles
    Barial = Belial
    Samail = Samael

    This is what i believe is the correct translation of the names hope it helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to wait at least three months before the last update from the last translator, or at least get permission from the translator before you start your own translation. This is just bad ethic and a big slap to the face of the old translator. This is why the quality of fan translation keep falling. People want faster update and use poor quality machine translation, making more and more translator quit from fan translation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That so? I HAVE to wait 3 months? I HAVE to contact and get PERMISSION from somebody who neither owns nor is affiliated with the original work in order to post a translation? Who came up with these rules?
      Look, nothing's stopping anyone from posting the same chapters I've already posted if they want. This is a fan translation, so unless I get a C&D from a publishing company, I'm not technically beholden to anyone. I'll edit my about to include "I won't get angry if someone starts translating what I've already translated if they want to do so for any reason."

      Delete
    2. Dude this series has always had inconsistent updates this right here is a fan who decided to use a large amount of time in order to bring you a continuation of the story that is readable rather than the near incoherent garbage an mtl spits out, editing a novel is alot harder than it seems I edit a few light novels so let me tell you this once you start editing the story loses some of it's shine because now you have to keep an eye out for any errors and with this mtl you have to basically rewrite every line, thank you so much for picking up this novel don't let the people who are going on about rule this rule that bother you, if a translator is updating consistently then it is not ok to take over but of it's like this novel which has sporadic updates with hiatuses that sometimes last months feel free to take it over, again thank you for putting in your time and effort into this novel and if you want some help editing what the mtl spits out let me know I'd be glad to help

      Delete
    3. i get what is being said but its not rules it just common curtsy, and some groups have specific permissions from the author to translate their novel and if it gets back that some one else is translating it it can be more then just a C&D from a publishing company it can be fines and criminal charges

      Delete
    4. This is Yuki... sorry for the late response XD...

      It's fine, we were actually waiting for someone to take this off our hands because well, Fenderson is not really a translator or not exactly wanting to be one but because he liked the series he continued it and I still did the editing and TLC for him... we did continue it for a while but he was also busy that's why the inconsistent release... we actually would want to thank this TL for doing it for us... I have my priorities after all and I have read in advance so I know where the story is heading that I won't spoil...

      Delete
  3. That's an unwritten rule most fan translators abide to, it's not about it being legal or not, it's more about the ethical side of things, what you did can be seen as very rude to the translators and one of the many reason why so many translators quit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think about it this way, if everyone just start translating at the same time without even a bit of communication, and nobody wants to let up, what do you think would happen? It'd just turn into a huge mess soon. It's important to communicate. Fan translation or not, you should at least still show some respect to the past translator by at least talking to them about it, or wait for 3 months to confirm whether they have the intention to continue or not. Nobody would complain if you pick it up after 3 months of hiatus since that's generally seen by public as that the translator had drop it for good.

      Delete
    2. Look at you, making good points that make me feel like garbage.
      Anything I say to rebuff you will be rude, but I've already put a few hours into this.
      This chapter is released, so I can't (read as WON'T) delete it from here. I'll contact the 50 day truant translator translator, who used to release 4-5 chapters in a batch at the end of each week, and tell them that I want to release my own chapters (and also that it was very not cash money of them to stop translating on a cliffhanger).

      Delete
    3. I wasn't the one who set up the rule, this is generally what is agreed upon by the community.

      Delete
    4. I used to edit for a novel that the translator cannot translate for anymore they were conscty into the army and we're unable to post anything about them now being unable to translate and because of this stupid rule that novel is now on hiatus as well let people who want to translate translate worst case there is some competition best case they work something out like the guys tling a wild last boss appeared ffs stop bashing a dude who only wanted to give people a continuation to a novel they liked

      Delete
    5. Think about it too. Does the translator spend more than 30 days without publishing, or giving an answer if he is having an IRL problem, do you still have to wait longer or spend a lot of effort to contact him? This rule is stupid, spending more than 3 months to take on a project that the other has abandoned. And yes, more than 1 month has passed without giving an answer, I consider it abandoned and it is much more unethical that you take another's project than sending a comment resolves.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for picking this up again if you want some help let me know, don't listen to the people telling you it's disrespectful yadda yadda, if the old tl is still tling this they will get in contact with you, and if they are not hey look you just saved us a few months of wait at least, more if it didn't get immediately picked up after the community agreed upon 3months to a decade again thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting the raw. Was looking for it. My tablet auto translate with grammar corrections so I always look for raws. If there is a series you'd what mlts quickly send me the raw and I'll email back in a quick batch. Sadly though I wont fix any error or what not so if you wish to publicly release them I wont be involved. Too much work

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is 1 month not 3 and you only have to wait 1 month if you want your translation to show up on novel updates.

    But I agree that not waiting longer is a dick move. It is poaching someone else's work, whether or not you need permission, you should at least wait until you have reasonably ascertained that it is a dead translation, which I don't think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for picking this up. I had thought I would have to drop this due to lack of updates and was glad to see you pick it up (and even more glad to see you justified to the prudes in the comments by the old TL group XD).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe the chaos of multiple people translating stuff is a good thing the competition would wear out those who's hearts aren't in it and the ones who stick will be the ones with the motivation and desire not to only persist but the drive to improve so that they can attract more readers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Levelmaker Chapter 93

Hey, so I tried to contact the previous translator, but they haven't answered yet (I'm not sure if they will). I've got another chapter, and really this chapter was the reason I started angrily translating last night. MTL release first, and I'll edit it after initial release; like yesterday.  Editing finished the japanese raw is here: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n2439db/ chapter: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2439db/94/ needless to say this is a fan translation, I don't own this. -------------------        The girl worries me, but for the time being, I asked Lahand and Mr. Gabina if they were safe. (TN: do you guys want me to translated the skinhead as The Hand or Lahand? Source: ラハンド ) "Are you okay? Did you get the medicine?" "Ah, that stuff worked great. Thanks" "Fufu, that's good. It was my pleasure." "Sorry about this, Alim. Are you sure it's okay?" "It's okay, I'm not rea

Levelmaker Chapter 94

       I got a hold of the previous translator, they gave me the go ahead (I didn't know what discord was, lol). I'm gonna continue to try and release one chapter per day.        This chapter had them onion ninjas attacking me like mad.         As before, MTL release first, editing to follow.  Editing finished the japanese raw is here: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n2439db/ chapter: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2439db/95/ needless to say this is a fan translation, I don't own this. -------------------        ……… No way, no way, no way, no way ...        I didn't answer the question, I replied with a question. "Mika ( ミカ)  .........-kun, no, you ... are Mika (美花)?"        With a tearful face, she smiled and said, "That's right. I'm ... Mika Umagaki ... Your ... Yume Narigami's childhood friend ..."        Suddenly, water starts dropping from my eyes.        Jeez, what is this...        It is Mika afterall. The person I love so much.